ALBANIAN WOMEN'S EXERCISE GROUP
Open to Albanian and Kosovar women. This program is beneficial for social interaction, health and language education, and learning about Canadian culture.
North Hamilton Community Health Centre (438 Hughson St. North)
Please call 905-523-6611 ext. 2013
Goals of Program:
- To enhance the physical, emotional and mental health of participants.
- To enable women to create long term friendships and support for each other.
- To foster social networks and break isolation among participants.
- To facilitate the process of adjustments and integration of participants and their families into Canadian society.
- To enable immigrant women to perform the language tasks of everyday life, even before greater competence in English has been achieved.
Description of Program (activities, participants, etc.):
- An on-going program, where participants are welcome to join at any time.
- The program is offered in Albanian and is facilitated by a member of the Albanian/Kosovar community.
- The participants identify their needs and interests and an agenda for the next six months is developed (food, nutrition, and health issues).
- Health-related topics include: active living, the health care system, introductions to community resources (i.e., libraries and recreation centres).
- Adult education techniques are used, including group discussions, cooking demonstrations, audio/visual, and group outings.
- Bus tickets are provided.
For more information, please contact: Artana Bixhi: 905-523-6611 ext. 2013