COMPASS COMMUNITY HEALTH - COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
To provide the best possible care, we need to collect and use personal health information. Compass Community Health is committed to keeping your information safe and confidential. We follow the rules set out in law about collecting, using and disclosing your personal information.
To ensure the protection of your personal information, we have:
- Privacy Policies in place
- Appointed a Chief Privacy Officer to answer your concerns or inquiries
- Set up safeguards in the handling of paper, electronic and verbal personal information
HOW WE WORK
The Centre’s service providers work in teams to provide you with comprehensive care and service. Information for your best care may be shared among those directly involved with your care.
LIMITS TO CONFIDENTIALITY
Compass CH may report information to third parties without consent:
- If we believe you are a danger to yourself or others
- If we suspect that a child under the age of 16 is at risk
- If our records are subpoenaed by the courts
- If you are considered by law to be unable to make informed decisions about yourself
- In cases of a reportable communicable disease that must be reported to a Public Health Agency
- To determine or verify your eligibility to receive health care benefits
- In cases of required reporting to the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board
ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
The information in your records belongs to you; the physical record itself belongs to the Centre. You are welcome to read or request a copy of your personal health records (administration fee applicable for photocopies). If you wish to access your personal health record please inquire at the front desk.
Click here to view policy on appointing a Chief Privacy Officer
Click here to view Chief Privacy Officer Job Descrption